Tour Specific Updates
General Updates for the
- Participants who register on a volunteer basis will follow the same price
schedule as non-riders. All registrations on a volunteer basis require
- We have implemented an increasing price schedule for non-riders and volunteers
for both full and partial day tour registrations.
- In order to assist capacity planning, we now charge a $30.00 late fee
for all transportation services where we may need to charter an additional
coach or school bus after the regular registration deadline. The late fee
will not apply for transportation services where we rely on existing long
distance public transportation carriers to transport people (Amtrak trains,
Greyhound busses, etc.) instead of chartering our own bus.
- We now directly accept credit card payments but will charge a 3.6%
surcharge to cover credit card processing fees. If you do not want to pay
this surcharge you may submit your payment to us through Zelle or
check or money order instead.
- Registration is now open for all events!
- Web site updated with 2024 dates for all tours!
Major Previous General Updates
- If you register using a paper registration
- You can now submit your payment through Zelle.
- We no longer have incoming fax service
so you can't send us a copy of your completed
form this way any more.
- The late registration fee has increased by
$25.00 from $125.00 to $150.00 for full tour
riders and by $5.00 from $25.00 to $30.00 per
day for all partial day tour riders. The late
fees for non-riders has not changed.
- We have added "e-bike" as an additional
option for the type of bike you will be transporting
and there will be an additional $30.00 fee to
transport e-bikes. This is because e-bikes generally
require special handling and care since they
are are typically heavier and/or take up more
room in our vehicles than standard upright bicycles
and therefore cannot be transported on any outside
roof racks and must be transported inside a support
- If you already have a car in a stopping town,
such as at the start and/or end of an event,
we will not provide separate hotel baggage service.
Instead, you will need to transport your baggage
yourself between the supported hotel and main
baggage drop off location such as the main lodging
site or long term parking location.
- If you sign up for the Mechanical Support Plan,
you will need to specifically request the pre-ride
inspection yourself as we will not be able to
search out each participant individually to provide
procedures for postponed 2020 participants
posted. Unfortunately, we can only allow postponed
2020 participants to register for an event at
the original 2020 pricing schedule one time. Click
Here for more information.
- The number of days you register for the optional
Towel Service, Tent Rental, Chair Rental, and
Mechanical Support Plan must be the same as the
number of days you will attend the event. For
example you cannot register to ride for six days
but only register for two days of the Mechanical
- The late fee for full registration for riders
of all week-long events has increased from $100.00
to $125.00. The late fee for all other riders
and participants of all other partial day and
non-week long events and services has increased
from $20.00 to $25.00 per day. The late fees
for non-riders of all week-long events and all
other extra services and merchandise has not
- No refunds will be issued in the event we are
unable to run an event due to circumstances beyond
our control. These circumstances include but
are not limited to disasters (natural and/or
manmade), pandemics, war, acts of terrorism,
government regulations, strikes, civil disorder,
curtailment of transportation facilities, or
acts of God. (Force Majure)
- Only online registration will be available four weeks before the start
of a tour in order to assure that we receive all of your information and
payment in a timely manner due to laspes in mail service. This deadline
also corresponds to the regular registration deadline for all week long
Here for more information.
- Bike Wisconsin patches added to extra merchandise items!
- We have changed our online registration service provider to RaceRoster.com for
- The price of all tours will increase by $5 per day for full tour registration
and $6 per day for partial day tour registration including all non-riders
and volunteers due to significantly increased rental fees for our main
lodging sites and rest stop locations (parks). The prices of all other
tour services and merchandise will be the same as last year, including
our transportation services before the start of the tour!
- WE NO LONGER ISSUE ANY REFUNDS
AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON. If you do not participate
and would like a refund you MUST purchase
an individual travel insurance plan, which will reimburse
you according to the plan coverage. Click
Here for more information about our refund policy.
- You will need make sure to bring your own floor pumps with you. We will
not be providing floor pumps for general participant use in the morning. Click
Here for more information about our floor pump policy.
- We will now be providing hotel baggage delivery service for free if you
stay at one of our supported hotels in each stopping town! Click
Here for more information.
- Bike Wisconsin water bottles, extra t-shirts, baseball hats, and polo
shirts are now for sale!
- We are still working on developing a new Bike Wisconsin jersey and
will follow up when they become available.
Here for more information about our major pricing and
- Bike Wisconsin will no longer charge any additional fee for any personal
SAG vehicles to attend the tours. This is because we believe that the more
support our participants have on the road the better, and we want to encourage
that. We will still require an On-Tour Vehicle Permit for them though so
that we know how many vehicles to expect.
Here for our general overall polices and procedures
for all events (you will be redirected to the Bicycle Illinois web
- Moving forward, Bike Wisconsin will follow the same
polices and procedures that we have developed over the past
14 years for Bicycle Illinois, as applicable.
- We are also looking forward to keeping and incorporating
the best previous polices and procedures from Bike Wisconsin
into all of our events as we move forward!
- A partial day option will be available for all events in case you are
unable to attend every day of any event. Each day of a partial day tour
registration will cost about one fifth of a comparable full tour registration.
tours will continue to be operated under the "Bike Wisconsin" name. Likewise, all
of the previously existing Bicycle Illinois events will continue to be
operated under the "Bicycle Illinois" name. We will also be
changing the overall name of our company (currently 'Bicycle Illinois')
to better reflect the expanding range of cycling events we now offer.
If you have any good ideas for an exciting new name for our growing
company we would love to hear it - please let us know!
- Bicycle Illinois and
Bike Wisconsin are now one company! Click
Here for our transition announcement!